Thursday, April 19, 2012

Blog # 4 Malcolm X


As reading about Malcolm X and all his triumphs of illiteracy, it is amazing how anyone can say that they cannot learn to read.  Here was a man who sat in prison and decided to make a difference in his life and it all started from a dictionary and practicing of writing. I found myself very intrigued by his success of knowledge and striving to want to learn, for so many of us it comes very easy and we just take it all for granted. I know for myself I have a learning disability but I also know with great teachers and friends that I have succeeded in ways that I never thought were possible, just as Malcolm had Bimbi to emulate from. So as I also listen from what he says that even know he was in prison for many years, he was able to pursue his dream of being educated and being able to teach others without any distractions. He realizes that colleges and high school all have many distractions but he expresses compassion and says that if he can do it that anyone can, with just a little hard work and effort you can become anything you want.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it's a very inspiring message! Nice response, Richelle!

    ReplyDelete